venerdì 27 giugno 2008

Museum of Roman Civilization...almost

We had some free days to check out sights that we wanted to visit at our own discretion, instead of with class. I had stumbled across this museum in the Eyewitness Guide. I blogged about it previously, but in case you missed it…it has 59 rooms of plaster casts, and scale models of what exactly Rome looked like in the year 400ad. I love the sights that there are to see in Rome, but I always wanted to see what they actually looked like in their prime. This museum looked like it would have everything that I was looking for.
In our first attempt, I never looked to see when it closed, Cole, Josie, and I went out to the EUR to see it, and while we were looking for the address in the book, we came across a little useful tidbit of information…the museum closes at 1:30. It was then 1:45, downtrodden; we got some McDonald’s and called it a day.
The next time we tried to go Josie and I went right after class with plenty of time to spare. We had the address down so we knew exactly where we were going. Upon arriving at the front doors we found that they were closed. We looked around for another entrance, but to no avail. There was a woman near by the first entrance we had tried so we asked her, she informed us that the museum closed at 12:30 that day, and it was 12:35. There was no reason provided for their closure, nor was there any mention of this inside the book. After that experience we decided it was just not meant to be, and canned the trip altogether.

Nessun commento: