mercoledì 11 giugno 2008

Boys Town: Currency

While researching about Boys Town, I discovered that they had their own currency. This can be given to people showing good work, and usually given as an achievement bonus. The money can then be used to buy things within their own community. The thing that came as a shock to me, was that apparently this currency they have called the Scudo, actually retains a true monetary value outside of their town. According to the website, as of right now one Scudo equals .01 Euro. This really caught me off guard, because even though I had heard that they are a self governing community, it never dawned on me that they would have their own money system. I am very intrigued to see what this money looks like, and what types of designs they have imprinted on them.

Nessun commento: