domenica 8 giugno 2008

Food: Barelona

The food in Barcelona was not quite what I had been expecting from Spain. Though there were some good native dishes there was not a lot of it. This very well may have been since Barcelona is very touristy and it seems that most of the food was all Catalonian...whatever that means. For the most part though they seemed to have more food that you would see in the States than Rome. Their paella dishes were good, but besides the foreign name, you could just go to the freezer section of a Giant or other grocery store and buy a stir fry pack and have the exact same thing.

The seasonings that they used for some of the food though was welcomed and very good. I had some of the best cannelloni I have ever had in Barcelona actually. I also had a steak there which was really good, and I could not figure out the seasoning to save my life. That could be said just as much though for other restaurants back home for that matter. All in all though I would say if you want authentic Spanish cuisine DO NOT go to Barcelona.

Nessun commento: