lunedì 23 giugno 2008

Cars: Country of Origin

While I was on the plane for Switzerland, I partook of the magazines they had available. One of the magazines had an article that gave me some startling information that I had not realized. The article was about how a man in India, I believe, bought Land Rover and Jaguar from Ford for $1.3 billion. I had never realized that Ford owned them at all, and was still under the impression that they were British. The article goes further and explains that as of now, England only has one domestic make and it is a small city car, like the Smart car. Apparently Bentley is owned by BMW, as with the Mini. Aston Martin is owned by several different European companies, and Rolls Royce is owned by another company that is escaping my memory at the moment (possibly Chinese?). So for future reference, be careful of what your buying, because it may not be what it seems.

Nessun commento: