lunedì 23 giugno 2008

Food: Zurich

The food in Zurich was a blessing to say the least. They had eggs available for breakfast at our hotel. On top of having a somewhat normal breakfast again, the food the vendors had was fantastic. There were huge hot dogs, bratwurst, and many other great meaty foods that I have been missing sorely. One night I had some of the Swiss fondue, it was unfortunately not as good as I had anticipated. The cheese that they used was Swiss naturally, but they also put some kind of liquor in it. I do not mind Swiss cheese, but the taste of the liquor mixed with it really killed the meal. An item that caught me off guard to see on the menu was chicken noodle soup inside of a light, fluffy potpie type bread. I had to give it a try, and it turned out to be some of the best chicken noodle soup I have ever had. So, when in Zurich get some bratwurst, and chicken noodle soup, and if you get fondue ask for it without alcohol.

Also, the Swiss chocolate lived up to all of its hype. The candies their are fantastic. I personally recommend the truffles, but you can't really go wrong with whatever you pick. Lindt is everywhere, and always a safe bet, but for the best Swiss chocolates you need to find the homemade ones.

Nessun commento: