domenica 18 maggio 2008

Piazza Navona: Street Musicians

I was in the Piazza Navona again and the awesome guitarist was there as well. This time though I did watch him for a bit, but decided I should probably check some other things out and find something new. As I approached other people playing music I found that almost everyone had the exact same set list. Though obviously in different order, every musician inevitably played the classics that an American audience would go nuts for. On top of my expectations that their music was driven towards an American audience to get the most money since the Piazza was a pretty touristy place, I also realized that a relatively sized chunk of the listeners were not actually American but still knew all of the classics that we grew up with. I hope as the weeks go by though the set list of the performers will get a little remodeled or else I'm going to be listening to Stairway, Sultains of Swing and Hotel California every night (not that I'm complaining) it just does get a little repetitious eventually.

Nessun commento: