sabato 24 maggio 2008

Piazza Navona: Annoying Tourists

While I do recognize that I am a tourist myself but this surge of tourism is starting to drive me nuts. I heard that it is still going to get worse and that June will be the time for the most amount of them. The individuals touring are not that bad at all, but when they get into these huge groups or the guided tours is when it gets very annoying, very quickly. They make it impossible to walk around anywhere, and seem to do everything possible to get in your way or cut you off. I have observed that foreigners have absolutely no concept of other people when on foot also. They will be walking past you and then get right in front of you and then stop abruptly without a second thought. Another past time I have picked up on is that when they are walking side by side they will not break their line for anyone and if you do not get out of their way they will plow right into you. This gets annoying when you have three or more people walking shoulder to shoulder taking up the entire sidewalk coming at you. Americans may have a stereotype for being loud, fat, arrogant, etc. but at least we learned how to walk.

Nessun commento: