mercoledì 21 maggio 2008

Cars: Exotics

To put it mildly, I am sorely disappointed in the lack of exotic cars that I have seen thus far. Now I was not planning on Rome being the capital of Ferrari and Lamborghini but I had expected to see certainly better than this. Needless to say the dominance of Smart cars has left me somewhat perturbed. To date I have only seen one Maserati and two Bentleys, and Bentleys do not even look that good to the eye the only thing that makes them worth mentioning is the price tag. I was not hoping to see expensive luxury cars, I wanted to see cars that could melt the pavement. Naturally also the man that I saw driving the Maserati was middle-aged at best, and was reminiscent of the typical mid life crisis men you see driving around in Corvettes daily back home. Also, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia and even Opel make some nice cars and it is driving me nuts that I have yet to see any. I have seen a couple higher end Alfa Romeos but the only people you see in those are the diplomats with their bodyguards. If anyone has seen any actual cars worth writing about, or if anyone knows of any hot spots for finding such cars please let me know as soon as possible. In the meantime I am going to have to say that my vision of Italy's car culture was sorely mistaken and exaggerated. On a side note you just do not see much custom work done to anybodies cars, every model just looks like a cookie cutter version of the next, I want to find out more about the culture here with that and would like to write about it later, anyone with incite on that feel free to respond.

Nessun commento: