sabato 17 maggio 2008

Food

I have noticed here that the portions are much smaller than we are used to having back home. On the menus though they always say first course, second course etc. So I assumed that the smaller portions were due to Italians eating several courses for the dinner, though I have yet to see anyone else eating at these places order more than one course and even though the portions are a little smaller I don't think they're small enough to constitute ordering more than one entree. Also, they never really use any or much garlic at all, which was quite the opposite of what I had been expecting especially since I love garlic and my Sicilian side of the family puts garlic in absolutely everything. When they have meat listed also in platters such as pasta they barely even use enough to constitue having the word meat involved with it.

Nessun commento: